Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Edmonton, AB
RGO Office Product Edmonton Ltd. is seeking an experienced Driver/ Assembler for our Operations department reporting to the Installations Manager.
The purpose of this role is to deliver and pick up furnishing’s products to various sites in Edmonton & surrounding area in a prompt and safe manner. The ideal candidate is able to safely drive 3-ton & 5-ton trucks. This role is also required to perform minor installations, coordination and execution of small moves and other customer services, as required.
- Ensures that truck is completely and properly loaded prior to leaving RGO’s dock.
- Responsible for product for delivery to customers’ locations, while exercising sufficient care and attention to ensure the product arrives and is placed in a satisfactory manner.
- Demonstrate sufficient product knowledge so as to make the installation complete and functional.
- Interact with the RGO employees and customers in a professional manner.
- Determine whether product for delivery is free from any defects or damage prior to departure from Supplier & RGO warehouses and notify the Installation Manager, Operations Administrator or Project Administrator of any defects.
- When driving, ensure that the use of the vehicle is maximized, and that the Operations Administrator has scheduled a proper time frame for scope of work.
- Employ the most efficient routes when delivering products.
- When driving, ensure that the piece count & product is correct when leaving the suppliers & RGO, also ensuring that sign off is completed for all deliveries once the delivery has reached its destination.
- Responsible for submitting all paperwork, such as time records, Delivery Tickets and PIA’s related to the delivery and pick up of items.
- Ensure that timesheets are filled out daily and accurately and are handed in daily.
- Responsible for accurate labeling of product and recording of rack location in the warehouse.
- Health and Safety – Promote and follow all Health & Safety Initiatives.
- Ensure that the trucks are maintained in good working order and that problems are reported within a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensure the truck cab and box are maintained in an orderly fashion (fold blankets, roll up straps, road pylons/reflectors and other safety materials).
- Ensure that equipment such as dollies is accounted for and in good working condition.
- Clean driver’s abstract for at least 12 months.
- Mechanical competency to ensure RGO truck is in good driving condition.
- Experience driving in downtown core.
- AMA Professional Driver Upgrade (prior to driving any RGO vehicle)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent driving skills & record (personal and business)
- Ability to maneuver 5-ton trucks in tight spaces
- Computer Literate
- Able to provide proof of full immunization against Covid-19 upon hire.
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values, and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, fitness subsidy, education reimbursement program, RRSP matching, RGO Wellness program, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s EFAP.
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and will only contact qualified candidates.