Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Calgary, AB
RGO is currently recruiting Full-Time Installers to join the RGO Furniture Operations’ team. Furniture Installers are responsible for tasks related to the installation of office furniture, both within the warehouse and onsite at our customers’ locations. In addition, they are responsible to complete all tasks directed by the Lead Installer, Acting Lead Installer and Team Leads.
- Completes furniture assembly/installation as per specifications to meet customer satisfaction
- Once assembled, inspected furniture for proper operation according to manufacturer’s guidelines
- Installs at types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems to include placement, leveling and wipe-down
- Participate in moving and reconfiguring used/existing office furniture
- Following company dress code, including all PPE (Personal Protection Equipment)
- Must have a professional demeanor for client interaction
- Maintaining all assigned tools and equipment. This includes cellular phones and any specialty tools required for the project
- Mark defective parts and products for repair and make minor adjustments and repairs
- Follow plans and blueprints. Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Exercise due care and attention to ensure low damage incidents and to install to customer’s satisfaction
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Responsible for the retrieval and counting of all company equipment used during the installation process
- Responsible for understanding the scope of the days’ work assignments before leaving for the customer’s location
- The Furniture Installer will have gained sufficient knowledge with respect to the installation of furniture so that he uses his time effectively and contributes to a productive team environment.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks at the warehouse and on customer site
- Remove garbage from site, vacuum, dust and/or clean furniture, load and unload dollies and carts from trucks and warehouse
Health & Safety
- Responsible for adhering to Health & Safety guidelines to ensure safe work practices for all employees
- Follows all safety guidelines such as wearing all necessary PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Participates in Health & Safety Committee meetings when required
- Report unsafe working conditions and injuries to the Lead Hand.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of other RGO product lines is an asset
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Willingness to interact with other Trades
- Demonstrates acting as a professional both in the office and at customer sites
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with power tools
- Mechanical aptitude and competency
- Ability to learn how to read architectural drawings that include floor plans and elevations
- Ability to visualize in 3D
- Be able to lift up to 100/lbs
- Be able to pass the Health Assessment
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean Drivers Abstract, an asset
Our People: Our people are our most valuable asset. At RGO we drive a high-performance culture through open communication and the sharing of ideas, continuous learning and development opportunities, awards and recognition programs, and dynamic, collaborative work processes.
Our Values: At our core we strive to incorporate our values into everything that we do. We stand by our core values and they drive our big business decisions and corporate culture. Staying true to our values has enabled RGO to be Great Place to Work certified, named Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness and win Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
Our Employee Experience: Providing an amazing customer experience is at the heart of what we do. We believe in order to execute on an amazing customer experience the formula for success is to first deliver a great employee experience. RGO invests in the employee experience through an active social committee that organizes fun events for RGO team members and their families throughout the year, education reimbursement program, RGO Wellness program, on-site fitness facility, comprehensive benefit program, and supporting employees and their families through RGO’s Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
Our Safety Culture: Safely go, the RGO way, it’s not just our safety slogan, its ingrained in our culture. As a COR certified company, we strive to maintain an industry leading safety program that protects our employees, other parties where our operations are carried out and the general public from harm, and promotes the physical, psychological and social well-being of our staff.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all applicants and those selected for an interview will be contacted.